VIDEO: NEC, Buhari dissolve APC National Working Committee, Buni chairs Caretaker Committee
NEWSMAN, Abuja – The President Muhammadu Buhari-backed National Working Committee chaired by Acting National Chairman, Victor Giadom that held the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has dissolved the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party.
“Following the recommendation of President Muhammadu Buhari, the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been dissolved.”, a presidential aide Bashir Ahmad tweeted.
The meeting then went ahead to appoint Yobe State Governor, Mai Bala Buni as new Caretaker Chairman. He was a former National Secretary of the party.
The full list of those appointed to chair the Caretaker Committee and organise an extraordinary convention in six months are:
1. Governor Mai Mala Buni (Yobe) Chairman
2. Isiaka Oyebola SW
3. Ken Nnamani SE
4. Stella Okorete – Women Rep
5. Governor Sani Bello NC
6. Dr. James Lalu physically challenged
7. Sen. Abubakar Yusuf- Senatè Rep
8. Hon. Akinyemi Olaide – Reps
9. David leon – SS
10. Abba Ari -NW
11. Prof. Tahir Mamman – NE
12. Ismail Ahmed – Youth
13. Sen. Akpan Udoedehe- Secretary
The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the ruling party also resolved as follows:
1. The withdrawal of all cases in Court
2. The dissolution of NWC
3. The establishment of Caretaker/Convention Committee
4. The ratification of the Gubernatorial Primaries in Edo State
the APC had earlier commenced its meeting at the State House, Abuja.
President Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo, Governors and members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party and other members of the NEC were all in attendance at the meeting held at the State House, Abuja.