FG declares 63 Nigerians, 27 foreigners wanted
NEWSMAN, Abuja – Sixty-three Nigerians and 27 foreigners have been declared wanted by the Federal Government over violation of COVID-19 guidelines.
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and Chairman Presidential Steering Committee (PSC) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha disclosed this on Sunday.
Mustapha said the Presidential Steering Committee had earlier in May 2021 issued a Travel Advisory for passengers arriving in Nigeria from some countries currently battling with the virus to observe seven days compulsory quarantine.
According to him, some travellers who arrived Nigeria from the restricted countries recently, have violated the protocol, posing threat to health of Nigerians.
It was reported that Brazil, India and Turkey were among the countries list due to new variant of the disease ravaging them in that part of the world.
He noted the underlisted persons who arrived in Nigeria between 8 May 2021 and 15 May 2021 through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja and whose names and passport numbers are displayed, have been declared Persons of Interest (POI) on account of posing considerable danger to overall public health and for the violation of Nigeria COVID-19 travel protocol by evading the mandatory 7-day quarantine for persons arriving from restricted countries, Daily Post reported..
“They must therefore transport themselves safely, to the nearest state public health departments within 48hrs of this notice for immediate evaluation and call the Port Health Services, Federal Ministry of Health on 08036134672 or 08032461990 for further directions”, the SGF said.